Trusts and foundations
Trusts and foundations have always been, and will continue to be, an essential source of support for Riders. Whether you’d like to fund a specific project, or our work generally, you can help us get life-saving health care ‘on the road’.
In 2011, grant donations raised nearly half of our annual income to support a variety of projects that helped us to:
- Train 12 apprentice technicians in The Gambia - giving young people vocational skills that can help save lives.
- Keep health care moving in rural Kenya, enabling outreach health workers to reach seven times the number of people.
- Provide 50 health workers with 10-days training at one of our two professional driving schools.
- Maintain a nationwide health care delivery programme in Lesotho, bringing public health services – including diagnostic testing – to the country’s two million people.
- Launch a fleet of 25 motorcycles in Zambia’s Eastern Province and mobilise a further 76 as part of a new partnership with Stanford University.
- Begin rebuilding our services in Zimbabwe since the economic crisis.
Over the next five years it is Riders’ aim to have improved health care access for 25 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. If you would like to find out how your trust or foundation can help us achieve this, please e-mail Jennifer Parsons at email@example.com. Alternatively if you are in North America, please contact Jake Fuchs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was most impressed by the achievements of Riders... You are justly proud of what has been done The St. Mary's Charity