Trusts and foundations
Trusts and foundations have always been, and will continue to be, an essential source of support for Riders. Whether you’d like to fund a specific project, or our work generally, you can help us get life-saving health care ‘on the road’.
In 2012, grant donations raised nearly half of our annual income to support a variety of projects that helped us to:
- Provide more than 50 health workers with 10-days training at one of our two professional driving schools.
- Equip our head workshop in Kenya with the tools needed to maintain ambulances and other four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Expand our sample transport programme in Malawi into two additional districts, helping us to make sure that people living with HIV/AIDS get the answers they need to live positively.
- Keep health care moving across Zambia’s Southern Province, bringing life-saving services to more than 600,000 men, women and children.
- Continue rebuilding and refocusing our services in Zimbabwe following the economic crisis.
Over the next five years it is Riders’ aim to have improved health care access for 25 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. If you would like to find out how your trust or foundation can help us achieve this, please e-mail Jennifer Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you are in North America, please contact Jake Fuchs at email@example.com.
I was most impressed by the achievements of Riders... You are justly proud of what has been done The St. Mary's Charity