Millions of people across the world continue to die from easily preventable and curable disease simply because they can’t be reached. Riders for Health have developed a simple, practical solution which is having proven results across sub-Saharan Africa. Find all of the information and details necessary for journalists and programme makers.
What we do
Riders for Health is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) born out of the world of motorcycle racing. Our vision is of a world in which health care reaches everyone, everywhere. We aim to do this by concentrating fleet management and logistics specifically on the ‘last mile’ of health care delivery. By providing outreach health workers with reliable transportation, we ensure that they can reach even the most remote communities on a regular and predictable basis.
Riders’ practical, cost-effective approach to vehicle management focuses on preventive maintenance; it is much more efficient to service a vehicle than repair it once it’s broken down. Using an innovative social enterprise model, Riders charge a not-for-profit fee to our partners for our services, ensuring the sustainability of our programmes. Our teams are all African nationals, not volunteers or expatriates, which means that we are able to build a lasting base of local knowledge and employment.
Riders currently operates nationwide programmes in the Gambia and Lesotho and regional programmes in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Kenya and Malawi where we work with ministries of health, international NGOs and local community-based groups.
Riders is the official charity of MotoGP™ – the world’s premier motorcycle racing championship - and the motorcycle sport's ruling body, the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM).
How we can help
Riders’ communications team are available for information, comment, interviews and and film production support. We can;
- Provide case studies, pictures, video footage and information on our seven African programmes.
- Provide facts and spokespeople on the issue of access to health care in Africa.
- Provide facts and spokespeople to talk about social enterprise, as well as providing access to a network of leading social entrepreneurs.
- Give information about links between the motorcycle community and charity, especially regarding fundraising.
- For media enquiries relating to our work in Africa, social enterprise, or our work with the motorcycle community please contact communications manager, Matt Hann, at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1604 889585.
- For all USA specific media enquiries please contact communications and outreach coordinator, Jake Fuchs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +00 (1)904 419 9433.