- We have created transport systems designed specifically for health care delivery in Africa. However hard it is to reach a community Riders ensures that care can get to them.
- We work with healthcare partners from the initial planning and budgeting of programmes to procurement of vehicles and training of riders/drivers to the retirement and replacement of vehicles.
- With over 30 years’ experience across Africa we have developed successful long term-partnerships with many governments who have outsourced the transport element of healthcare to us.
Riders is African led
- Run by nationals of the countries in which we work, we employ more than 600 men and women, from apprentice technicians to highly experienced country leaders.
- We actively recruit and develop women in all roles and at all levels.
Riders is practical
- We have designed a practical and appropriate solution to a widespread, extremely severe and neglected global health problem.
- We emphasise innovation in our work but recognise the importance of tried-and-tested and robust systems.
- We have created models that are underpinned by highly-trained staff, unique financial mechanisms and a good reputation.
- We have created a monitoring and evaluation system to measure our impact.
- We recognise the challenges in changing the behaviour of how vehicles are used for health care.
- The Riders transport management system is scaleable and replicable.
Riders is enterprising
- As a social enterprise we prioritise how money can work effectively in development and how innovative financial models can optimise and conserve resources.
- We are committed, with our partners, to achieving positive health outcomes. We meet this commitment by providing them with a high-level, professional service.
- We challenge preconceptions and change attitudes towards the role of transport systems in healthcare development. This advocacy is now a fundamental part of our approach.
- We are pioneers of a different way of doing development – challenging the status quo in order to achieve long term change.
Riders is collaborative
- We are focused on our partners’ needs.
- All our programmes are managed by nationals of that country so that the skills they build stay in-country.
- Riders for Health works with other social entrepreneurs allowing communities to work together and transfer their skills.
- We work to highlight the issue of managed transport to help all health agencies strengthen their work and build appropriate infrastructure.
- We can achieve more impact through sharing our knowledge and expertise.